Sunday, August 2, 2009

beauty...


Never lose an opportunity of seeing

anything that is beautiful,

for beauty is God's handwriting, a wayside sacrament.



Welcome it
in every fair face,
in every fair sky,
in every flower,
and thank God for it
as a cup of blessing.


Ralph Waldo Emerson



beau·ty -\ˈbyü-tē\ noun 1: the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit .

Synonyms: loveliness, pulchritude, comeliness, fairness, attractiveness.

Antonyms: ugliness.



One thing I ask of the Lord,

this is what I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord

all the days of my life,

to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord

and to see him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

7 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Morning... love this post. How pretty

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

A really lovely post.

FlowerLady

Just a little something from Judy said...

God created real beauty and He has given you a true grasp of what it is and how to display it. Beautiful post!

Pauline said...

Lovely post, so tranquil :o)
Hugs

Lady Pamela said...

I have been blessed by your blog today. I will be back often when I need refreshing. Thank you.

Sandi said...

Gorgeous post Rene'and the words of wisdom are wonderful too.
Blessings~

Just A Girl said...

Hi Rene`
Your vignettes are always so beautiful.
I hope you have a lovely evening!

xoxo Cori