Sunday, March 14, 2010

graceful words...






"Thank God, 


O women,

 for the quietude of your home,


and 

that you are queen it it.


Men come at eventide to the home;

 but all day long you are there , 

beautifying it, sanctifying it, 

adorning it, blessing it.

 Better be there than wear a queen's coronet. 

Better be there 


than carry the purse of a princess.

 It may be a very humble home. 

There may be no carpet on the floor. 

There may be no pictures on the wall. 

There may be no silks in the wardrobe;

 but, 

by your faith in God,

and your cheerful demeanor,

 you may garniture that place 

with more splendor than the 

upholsterer's hand ever kindled."

 ---Reverend T. DeWitt Talmage, D.D.



This


really spoke to my heart this week

as I wade through *stuff*

May I keep  perspective.

14 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Loveliest Post I've read all week!

Beautiful.

Love, Rebecca

vintage girl at heart said...

Yes I agree!!
Blessings as you work it all out~


As always your images are print worthy!!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That really was a nice post.

FlowerLady

a little work of grace said...

Lovely words, Rene. It's all about where our 'perspective' is isn't it. So glad I found your blog through Miss Maddie.

Laura

It's me said...

Words from the heart .have a good week with blessings..................for you and your familly

Hugs Ria

podso said...

I like it! And such a pretty picture of your house.

Candy said...

Beautiful words and needed on a regular basis cause I can get caught up, sometimes, in the stuff. The Lord inhabits the praise of His people.
Thanks for sharing.
I am posting a Metamorphosis project for Monday that you inspired.
Sometimes you never know who or how you touch another but this time know that you touched me.
Double thanks for your inspiration.

Paula said...

Dear Rene`,

I love that beautiful quote!!! It has always touched my heart and spoken to me! Thank you for sharing it, and for the beautiful photos! Your home is incredibly beautiful!

Have a blessed week!
Love, Paula

Anne Lorys said...

What a wonderful post!
The perfect marriage of words and images. :-)

Have a great Monday!
Anne

The Tin Rabbit said...

Beautiful post...

Lisa said...

Rene,
I'm printing that off & hanging it in my studio. Just beautiful words, thank you so much for that. And the picture of your lovely home & roses. Oh, it suits the words perfectly. Lisa

Hearts Turned said...

What a beautiful post & poem--so important to remember! Thanks for the visit, too--loved reading your kind comments!

Hope you're having a wonderful evening!

Regina said...

Beautiful post Gracie.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

ohhh my oh my! I was browsing your beautiful blog and came across this post and just "needed" that! Your blog really is just so lovely..
xoxo